Friday, September 30, 2005

Look Back, Look Down


Downtown Springfield - 1979 (Sangamon Valley Collection)
Downtown Sprinffield - 2005 (Russ)


Here's a peek into a little project I'm working on. I haven't nailed down the format yet, but this should give you an idea what I'm going for. The idea was inspired by this website and a visit to the Sangamon Valley Collection at Lincoln Library. I've started out with about 15 photos from downtown Springfield, but I'll be all over town with this project, so if there's something in particular you want to see, let me know.

Thanks to the guys at the Ameren building for taking me up to the roof for this shot. I'm scared of heights, so this was quite an adventure. You can click the image above for a higher res version.


UPDATE: The project will be called Springfield Rewind - and for now, you can find it here. I'll have to test for a while to see if Blogger will be able to handle what I'm going to be doing.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

RSS Feeds for TIME Online
Click feed title for RSS | What Is RSS? What Is RSS? The Internet grows exponentially on a daily basis.
Hey, good looking blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a expire domain traffic site/blog. It pretty much covers expire domain traffic related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

11:30 PM  
Blogger La Lubu said...

Cool! Do some of Enos Park, if you can find any!

7:10 PM  
Blogger eddyhuron69075939 said...

I really enjoyed your blog. This is a cool Website Check it out now by Clicking Here . I know that you will find this WebSite Very Interesting Every one wants a Free LapTop Computer!

11:33 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Great pics - interesting site. Thanks!

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home